Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Eve of a Cooking Session

Dear Diary,

This may be the last ever entry, for I may not survive tomorrow. I finally understand the sentiments of the soldiers on the eve of D-Day, the sense of impending doom, the feeling that one may never see the light of day again.

Tomorrow I shall embark on the most risky mission I have ever attempted. Should I by the gracious grace of God survive, I have no doubt that I’ll be in the running for a Purple Heart.

Tomorrow, my office friends and I will step through the gates of hell and hope to exit the very same doorway, unscathed.

Tomorrow we cook.

I have made contingency plans: the kitchen is well-stocked with instant noodles; the nearest hospital is on speed dial; the fire extinguisher is on hand. But still, I cannot help but tremble at the dangers involved.

God be with us.

Daniel

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home