Saturday, February 05, 2005

Cooking Photos

I've been in this huge cooking frenzy lately, and I decided it was fitting that the first proper meal I cooked (trial cooking parties are not considered) was for my family.

At this point I would like to mention that while I had all the intentions of being the filial son, my family was extremely unwilling to give me this opportunity to mess up the kitchen. My sister in particular had to be assured that there were instant noodles and Campbell soup in the kitchen before she reluctantly agreed.


Posted by Hello

Ah, a personal steak favourite of mine (although I've only tasted it twice): Pan-fried Steak with Shallot-Gorgonzola Butter. I do realise that a red rose is not often used as a garnish but I'm the chef and what I say goes. Muhahaha! Oh, and I bought that rose for my mum, not for anyone else (just averting any questions since V-Day is approaching).


Red Meat, Red Rose, Red WinePosted by Hello

Another shot, this time with the red wine in view. Hmm, the plate seems a bit bare. I would blanch some broccoli to add a nice red-green contrast, but that means we have to eat broccoli. UGH!!


Chocolate Coconut Fondue Posted by Hello

For dessert, I whipped up a chocolate fondue. I swear, they don't call chocolate liquid gold for nothing.


Dimmed Lights, Blazing Fire, Missing PotPosted by Hello


Posted by Hello

Strawberries dipped in chocolate, topped with icing sugar, and served in candle-light. How much more decadent (or romantic) can we get?

Before I end this post, I would like to thank Colin for all his cooking tips and advice. It has really helped me improve, and I appreciate it greatly. Thanks so much.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home