Monday, January 31, 2005

Squishy Mushy Sentimentality


Chocolate Truffle a la mode DanielPosted by Hello
Disclaimer: The following post will read like it was made by some gushing schoolgirl, but quite honestly, formal (or even semi-formal) stoic writing has its place and time, and this is not it. Besides, cooking and baking always brings out the feminine me, so I may as well live the moment.

Oh I made my first cake-like truffle! Isn’t it absolutely divine, and so sweet! Actually, my friend made it for his Special Other, but I taught him how to do it. *basks in delusional glory* I think heart-shaped chocolate truffles trounces a cake. I mean it’s more thoughtful, less passé, and not to mention that chocolate is an aphrodisiac. The only problem is that the dessert’s sinful, absolutely sinful---there’s nothing in there but chocolate, cream, and sherry.

All in all, we spent 8.5 hours on this creation, but I think even protracted slaving over the stove in a hot and stuffy oven is worthwhile, just as long as it makes that special someone happy. OH NO!!! What am I saying? Sigh, I think the old stolid Daniel melted away months ago, and is destined never to return. Ah well, who am I to tempt fate?

I think I’m now a whole lump of squishy mushy sentimentality (try saying the last three words; it has a nice rhythm).

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

cookout!!!! this fri!

www.oikono.com
SKH

7:47 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home