Friday, July 15, 2005

Dancing Down Orchard Road

Today was one of the more fun nights I had in quite a while: to start, Anonymous Playboy joined Amanda, Kok Heng and I for dinner and soon got down to what he excelled at.

Anonymous Playboy (turning to Amanda): Why do I hang around with people like Kok Heng and Daniel instead of interesting and intelligent people like you?
Amanda: Anonymous Playboy, you’ve known me for all of two minutes.

Smooth Anonymous Playboy, smooth. Actually, I think that she may have been flattered had you not told her about your conversation a few days ago.

Anonymous Playboy (over the phone): Kok Heng, I’ll call you back later. I’m trying to get laid here.
Girls around him (obviously miffed): What! Do we look like we are so loose?
Anonymous Playboy (starts laughing): What do you think?

Before continuing, some background information: Amanda was my first ever dance partner and we learnt Salsa together. However, while she took to Salsa like a fish takes to water, I wasn’t as half inclined or talented (which reminds me of the time I got thrown off the powerboat while wakeboarding with Ken, Eunice and Jia Yang). In fact, I was quite ready to give up dancing forever, but I guess fate makes sport of man.

Anyway, in spite of my musical impairment and salsa-phobia, we decided that it was time to burn the floor, and what ensued was a crazy night of dancing as Amanda and I started Salsa-ing down Orchard Road. In spite of the weird looks we received from bystanders and I only knowing the basic steps, it was fun, great fun. We really must do it again =D

PS: It’s not so much that I have suddenly developed a love for Salsa; rather, having not danced for quite some time, I’m desperate, utterly desperate, for dance, any kind of dance. Now if I can only persuade Amanda to take up the Waltz with me before she leaves for Boston.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

actually, what vish said was (to me), 'Why do you only introduce people like daniel to me instead of intelligient friends like you?'

12:05 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

where 'you', refers to amanda

12:06 am  
Blogger jEsTeR said...

I can't really remember the specifics, but that's what Amanda said (I double-checked with her). Blogger-ethics =D

6:47 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home